Thursday 29 August 2013

Ordering food and drinks



Dialog 11                                                       
Ordering a Meal

1.      Hi. How are you doing this afternoon?
2.      Fine, thank you. Can I see a menu, please?
  1. Certainly, here you are.
  2. Thank you. What's today's special?
  1. Grilled tuna and cheese on rye.
  2. That sounds good. I'll have that.
  1. Would you like something to drink?
  2. Yes, I'd like a coke.
  1. Thank you. (returning with the food) Here you are. Enjoy your meal!
  2. Thank you.
  1. Can I get you anything else?
  2. No thanks. I'd like the check (bill - UK English), please.
  1. That'll be $6.75.
  2. Here you are. Keep the change!
  1. Thank you! Have a good day!
  2. Bye.

Key Vocabulary

Can I see a menu?
here you are
Enjoy your meal!
Would you like ...
Can I get you anything else?
I'd like the check (bill - UK English), please.
That'll be $6.75.
Have a good day!


Dialog 12                                           



Ordering Food in a Restaurant

Waiter: Hello, Can I help you?
Kim: Yes, I'd like to have some lunch.
Waiter: Would you like a starter?
Kim: Yes, I'd like a bowl of chicken soup, please.
Waiter: And what would you like for a main course?
Kim: I'd like a grilled cheese sandwich.
Waiter: Would you like anything to drink?
Kim: Yes, I'd like a glass of Coke, please.
Waiter... After Kim has her lunch.: Can I bring you anything else?
Kim: No thank you. Just the bill.
Waiter: Certainly.
Kim:I don't have my glasses. How much is the lunch?
Waiter: That's $6.75.
Kim: Here you are. Thank you very much.
Waiter: You're welcome. Have a good day.
Kim: Thank you, the same to you.

Menu

Joe's Restaurant
Starters

Chicken Soup
$2.50
Salad
$3.25
Sandwiches - Main Course

Ham and cheese
$3.50
Tuna
$3.00
Vegetarian
$4.00
Grilled Cheese
$2.50
Piece of Pizza
$2.50
Cheeseburger
$4.50
Hamburger deluxe
$5.00
Spaghetti
$5.50
Drinks

Coffee
$1.25
Tea
$1.25
Soft Drinks - Coke, Sprite, Root Beer, etc.
$1.75



No comments:

Post a Comment